Click the picture above to learn more about how to join us in Haiti this summer.
“You will be my witnesses to the end of the earth”
In the main classroom of the school meets Gethsemane Church, a gathering of believers worshiping together now for as long as GSI has had roots in the community. We’ve grown over the years in both faith and number, and have big plans to do so much more for the Kingdom! For more on our beliefs, CLICK HERE.
When our new school building goes up, we’ll also be raising money for a church building right next to it that will accommodate hundreds. It will additionally function as a senior community center and conference space for events like ministry leadership seminars and public meetings – truly a sanctuary in many ways.
Our Ministry Vision: Grow the Church by building disciples
You can’t get more Biblical than that! Before Christ departed, he had this very command for His people (Mt. 28:18-20). Well, He called and we’re joyfully obeying. By His strength, here’s how GSI has been carrying out this vision in FDB:
- Faithfully fellowshipping and growing as a body through the years, despite not having a modern or even comfortable facility to meet in
- Integrating gospel opportunities into the activities of our school children and their families
- Developing new, young ministry leaders from within the congregation
- Supporting other smaller, rural churches with physical resources, financial support, and encouragement
How You Can Contribute
Though they always make do with what little resources they have in the most impressive ways, the church made these requests while our US team was recently visiting:
- Music instruments for the service & community events (currently borrowing)
- A louder voice to draw those from the mountain to join them in worship (Mt. 5:14-16) – via a new speaker system that’ll carry sounds of praise deep into the community
- Bibles in the people’s language so they can learn more about and draw closer to God
- Sending interested members to Bible College with the goal of starting churches locally